I LOVE doing races in Korea but registration is usually in Korean so I thought I’d do a blog with some vocabulary and instructions.
1. First, decided which race you want to do. Head over to marathon.pe.kr. You should see this home page;
2. Across the top, you’ll see the different tabs. You should press the second from the left. It’s called 대회일정 (tournament schedule). Then you’ll see this;
3. Now you should choose the location you want. Races happen all over Korea. Personally, I stick to the ones in Seoul and there are always a tonne in 여의도 (Yeouido). Choose your own and click on the link to be brought to this;
4. Near the bottom of that page, you’ll see a link. That brings you to the home page which is where you need to go. The home page might look something like this;
5. Now you have to look for the registration are. Some home pages make it really easy and others make it a mission. Look for 참ㄱㅏ신청 (Application for registration). When you click on it, you’ll probably see some of the following;
Click the one that suits you and then you’ll see a registration form maybe like this;
Here is the vocabulary you need to know;
생년월일: Date of birth. ARC first 6 numbers
연락쳐: Contact number
참가종목: The race you’re doing. Half, full, 10km etc
쿠폰입력: Coupon details
입금ㅈㅏ명: Name of person who will send the money
비밀번호확인: Retype password
확인/최소하기 : Enter/cancel
Once you click “enter”, you’re done. Just transfer the money into the bank account. You’ll find the bank details on the home page of the race.
About a week or so before the race, you’ll get your package with your gear, number and chip.
Apologies if there are mistakes in the Korean. Any questions, just ask!