Anyone who knows me knows that I love tea. It’s the first thing I think of in the morning and I literally can’t go to sleep at night without a cuppa. I’m so addicted to tea that if I don’t have a cup before school, I literally spend the day counting the minutes until I can have a cup.
There is also not one problem that can’t be solved with a good old cup of tea; “I had a bad day”….shocking, have a cup of tea, “I lost my wallet”, terrible, have some tea……’ I broke up with my boyfriend”, was it because he possibly didn’t drink enough tea? I fairly sure world peace could be solved if we had everyone together for a cup of tea.
So I got to thinking about whether or not tea was of any benefit to your health or was it actually slowly killing us all. Here’s what I came up with;
1. Tea is actually contributing to your daily fluid requirements excellent start think of how great your skin will look with all that hydration.
2. Tea is low in caffeine Good and bad. So you won’t be bouncing off the walls all night, but if you’re looking for a little kick-start to the day,you’re looking in the wrong place.
3. Tea is almost calorie free – It doesn’t really ever cross my mind, but if your actually watching your diet, you can drink gallons of tea guilt free. Excellent, happy days.
4. Tea is a source of vitamin D- What does Vitamin D actually do for you? I have no idea so I went to google and goggle says that Vitamin D encourages the absorption of calcium. If you put milk in your tea then you’re killing two birds with one stone.
5. There is no 5, other than to say that the only tea worth talking about is Barry’s (and just in case you’re wondering, I don’t work for Barry’s and wont get a penny for the increase in sales after this blog post!)